- This event has passed.
NHS in crisis – fix it now day of protest
Feb 3 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Join the demonstration called by the People’s Assembly and Health Campaigns Together.
March and demonstration
Saturday 3 February
Gower Street Central London WC1E
March to Downing Street
Rally in Whitehall
Our NHS is in a serious crisis. Ambulances queuing for hours to hand over seriously ill patients, patients left in corridors waiting for beds, operations postponed, and mental health patients taken hundreds of miles to find a bed.
Our NHS has been starved of funding with inadequate investment in staff and resources. 8,000 front line beds and 20% of mental health beds have closed.
Eight years of below-inflation pay settlements have contributed to 100,000 vacant posts for health professionals – leaving no spare capacity for peaks of demand and increasing the pressure on the dedicated staff who remain.
Join the demonstration to call for:
- an end the winter crisis with a cash injection to restore the NHS budget;
- a commitment to increased funding each year;
- an end to the cap on NHS pay;
- no cuts, no closures, no privatisation.
Find information about 37 other local events taking place on Saturday, as well as transport contacts for those intending to travel to London, on the Health Campaigns Together website
Health & Safety rep
Latest posts by David Ashby-Styles (see all)
- Branch members meeting on 2 May 2018 - 30th April 2018
- Branch officers and reps updated for 2018 - 7th February 2018
- Branch AGM Wednesday 31 January 12:00 p.m. in 3D06 - 30th January 2018