Why join Unison?
Most people join a union because they want protection at work – help with pay and conditions of service, legal or health and safety advice or representation in case things go wrong at work. That’s what we’re here for. UNISON negotiates on pay and working conditions at every level – local, regional and national.
UNISON also offers you:
- Excellent legal services at work and in the home.
- Education and training advice and courses leading to vocational and professional qualifications.
- A colour magazine sent to your home four times a year; a fortnightly newspaper for our stewards and activists and a full range of publicity.
- Pensions advice and welfare services as well as certain benefits guaranteed by our rulebook.
- Subscriptions are banded by salary, the less you earn – the less you pay. For an up-to-date and full list of subscription rates see UNISON.org.
How to Join
Please pick up an application form from your steward, complete it and send it to the branch membership secretary at:
Trade Union Centre, Felixtowe Court
University of the West of England,
Bristol BS16 1QY
You can also talk to your local steward for advice and an application form.
If you wish to join, we advise you to do so by sending your application directly to UWE UNISON branch directly. This is quicker and will avoid confusion. It also helps us to keep the branch records up to date.
However if you prefer to join via UNISON’s national website, please CLICK HERE