Why join Unison?
Many people join a union because they want protection at work – help with pay and conditions of service, legal or health and safety advice or representation in case things go wrong at work. That’s what we’re here for. UNISON negotiates on pay and working conditions at every level – locally, regionally and nationally.
Members ❤ UNISON because we’re behind them at work. We’re there with support, advice and representation, plus there’s a team of lawyers to back members up. We offer free training to help career development and a helpline open until midnight. And there’s exclusive offers and discounts for the whole family.
UNISON also offers you:
- Excellent legal services at work and in the home.
- Education and training advice and courses leading to vocational and professional qualifications.
- A colour magazine sent to your home four times a year; a fortnightly newspaper for our stewards and activists and a full range of publicity.
- Welfare and financial services through our national charity There for you, as well as certain benefits guaranteed by our rulebook.
- Subscriptions are banded by salary; the less you earn – the less you pay. For an up-to-date and full list of subscription rates see UNISON.org.
How to Join
The easiest way to join UNISON at UWE is using our online application form here.
Alternatively, you can pick up an application form from your local steward, complete it and send it to the Branch Membership Officer at:
Trade Union Centre, 2FC123,
University of the West of England,
Bristol, BS16 1QY