As UWE Unison’s Black members officer, one of the things I do is attend the staff BME forum, and recently I became one of it’s coordinators. At the last gathering we disussed a number of issues and topics:
• Various racist and related inappropriate incidents at UWE which aren’t being addressed by the management
• Changes in equality team structures
• The public distortion of statistics to make UWE look better than it actually is on race success stories
If there are issues or suggestions any UWE Unison Black member would like to raise with me, then other than contacting me via the internal UWE staff address book, you can also find me at the forum meetings. I’d love an opportunity to speak to you in person!
For Your Diary
UNISON National Disabled Black Members network meeting
Thursday 9 August 2018, 2:00pm–4:30pm, UNISON, UNISON Centre, 130 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY.
Registration is required, please contact email@example.com
Travel costs met through the local branch
National UNISON Black LGBT members meeting
Friday 14 September 2018, 10:00am–3:00pm, UNISON Centre, 130 Euston Road, London, NW1 2AY.
All Black LGBT members welcome: free event with lunch provided. Travel costs met nationally.
Registration is required, email firstname.lastname@example.org, in confidence.
Unison’s National Black Members’ Conference 2019
Friday 18 January 2019, 1pm to Sunday 20 January 12:30pm in Cymru, Llandudno.
Details are attached via the .pdf (562 KB)
Includes presentation of the UNISON Nelson Mandela Award 2019
Travel and accommodation arranged via the local branch
Latest posts by Tamsila Tauqir (see all)
- UWE UNISON Black Members update from August & looking forward - 19th September 2018
- UWE Unison Black Members July update - 2nd August 2018
- UWE Unison Black Members May update - 30th May 2018